Below is a random list of vegetable health benefits:
- Beets are good for the heart and liver. The beet greens are also edible and can help strengthen the immune system.
- Cabbage is good for the intestines and can even help with ulcers.
- Celery, bok choy and rhubarb are good for the bones.
- Collard greens have cholesterol lowering benefits.
- Kale is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which can help with lowering cholesterol levels.
- Squash is great for our digestive systems, with its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties.
- Sweet potatoes are good for the pancreas.